After a decent amount off after a
strange knee injury that was eventually discovered to be something more
associated with young long-jumpers (go figure) I cam back strongly in the
summer of 2014. I decided to go under the tutelage of Mark Kenneally, my Olympic
marathon running physio who not only kept an eye on the body was now keeping an
eye on my training. It was a great lead up.
I felt I was in the shape of my
life with several solid months of training and a multiple of good runs and
races completed. Short runs, long runs, interval runs, tempo runs, fartlek and
hill sessions. I had ran several personal bests in races from 5ks to
half-marathons. So when I lined up on the start line of Dublin Marathon 2014 I
felt I was in the shape of my life and with the best chance I ever had of sub 3
hours.
At least I thought so.
Yesterday’s training
A sports massage (more on that later:).

No comments:
Post a Comment