A list of my top ten refreshing things (or kind of):
1. A hot shower on a winter’s day.
2. A Saturday lie-in.
3. A nice 8 – 10 k run.
4. A cold glass of milk on a warm day.
5. A cold glass of cider/beer on a warm day (preferably in Spain or on a Friday).
6. Someone catching up with you to give you wallet that you left behind you at the check-out counter.
7. A relaxing shoulder massage (not a sport massage).
8. A mug of tae (not tea but ‘tae’).
9. A chewing-gum movie at the end of the week.
10. One of those refreshing towels that you sometimes get on those swish-ass long-haul flights and which you are never fully sure if it is for your hands, your face or for something altogether different.
A slow 8k.